The Department of Surgical Services of the Jewish General Hospital exists to provide exceptional and compassionate care to all members of our community.
To achieve our mission all members of the surgical staff work as partners to provide personalized care for each and every patient, from their first visit, through pre-operative screening, surgery, and post-operative follow-up care, delivering treatments that are tailored to each patient's needs.
As part of our commitment of providing outstanding individualized clinical care, we are actively engaged in advancing the field of surgery through discovery, innovative translational research and education with the goal of finding therapeutic options that not only cure patients, but also improve their quality of life and promote a sense of well-being.
We are committed to:
- Providing safe, efficient, high quality and timely specialized and primary care to patients, their families and to our community, balancing the continued commitment to Elderly, Jewish and Immigrant populations;
- Delivering state-of-the-art teaching and training to our residents and students ensuring the development of a future work force focused on our vision of compassionate patient care with excellence;
- Reinforcing and living the core values of our Jewish Heritage that have contributed to our success;
- Developing and delivering cutting-edge academic research to help improve healthcare to an increasingly diverse patient population;
- Leading by example and enforcing internal governance standards and policies to ensure the quality and effectiveness of patient care, teaching, research, operations and human resource development.