The Jewish General Hospital (JGH) Clinical Access Service is a new organizational model established to help patients with sub-acute or semi-urgent clinical conditions. Using a dedicated point of entry, patients gain rapid access to JGH diagnostic testing, Specialist consultation, and treatments.
Patients are referred to the Clinical Access Service by Community Family Doctors and Nurse Practitioners from within the CIUSSS de Centre-Ouest de L’Ile de Montreal territory.
Referred patient must meet general Clinical Access Service eligibility criteria, and inclusion and exclusion criteria for each clinical condition.
Algorithms and referral documents for each clinical condition were developed in collaboration with JGH Specialists. These documents direct the Clinical Access nursing team in the provision of diagnostic testing, specialty consultation, and treatments.
Clinical Access Service Clinical Conditions
|Internal Medicine||Suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis||June 2018|
|Neurology||Suspected Transient Ischemic Attack having occurred 48H ago or more||June 2018|
|Obstetrics/Gynecology||First Trimester Vaginal Bleeding||June 2018|
General Eligibility Criteria
- 16 years and older
- Independent for ambulation or ambulatory with the assistance of one person
- Patient with unstable mental health problems or cognitive impairment must be accompanied to appointments
- Does not have condition-specific exclusion criteria
- Does not require urgent hospitalization (< 24 hours)
- Referring doctor has duly completed a Clinical Access Service referral form and has assured follow-up or has identified the doctor who has agreed to provide patient follow-up
The Advantages of the Clinical Access Service
- Streamlined patient care and logical advancement through testing, consultation, and treatment using algorithms and individualized case management
- Accelerated access to hospital imaging modalities and specialty consultation
- Medical assessment and care meeting current best practice guidelines standards
- Reorganization of patients with sub-acute and semi-urgent conditions to offload the hospital’s Emergency Department
- Avoidance of long Emergency Department wait times for patients
- Continuity of care through facilitated communication between clinic team and community health care practitioners; rapid transmission of test results and specialty consults to community practitioners
Clinical Access Service Contact Information
Situated in the JGH Medical Day Hospital
Pavillion K, Level S1, Room 101 (KS1 101)
Telephone Number 514-340-8222 extension 22324
Fax Number 514-340-8036
Clinic Hours : Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed on weekends and statutory holidays
Clinical Access Service Team
Dr. Jed Lipes - Medical Director
Shoshana Breiner – Nurse Clinician
Suzette Chung – Head Nurse
Patient Referral Process
- Please register with the Clinical Access Service. Please complete the registration page and click on the “submit” button. All registration information will be kept confidential.
- Once you have registered, the Clinical Access Service Nurse will call you or email you to provide you with a username and password. Please keep your username and password confidential.
- Once you have a username and password, you may sign in to the Clinical Access Service website reserved for Doctors and Nurse Practitioners.
- Once you have logged in, you will have access to all Clinical Access Service documents including clinic eligibility criteria, algorithms and referral documents for each clinical condition, and clinic contact information.
- The referral documents may be filled electronically or printed. Please fax or email all referral documents. Fax: (514)340-8036, Email: accueil.clinique.CCOMTL@ssss.gouv.qc.ca