Hand hygiene seems simple, but there is more to it than meets the eye.
- Health care associated infections (HAIs) cause significant morbidity and mortality. At least 30% of HAIs can be prevented with the following infection prevention strategies.
- Each health care worker (HCW) plays a vital role in infection prevention and control strategies which are designed to protect patients, staff and the community
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) has partnered with Discovery Campus to create Canada’s Hand Hygiene Challenge online learning module to help individuals and healthcare organizations improve infection control.
The hand hygiene e-learning module, available at www.handhygiene.ca, is a fun and interpretative way to learn, providing education on proper hand hygiene techniques, including the four moments for hand hygiene. The free online module, including a quiz, takes only 15 minutes to complete and provides a certificate upon successful completion. Upon completion of the e-learning module you will be able to.....
- Describe what is hand hygiene
- Explain why hand hygiene is important
- Describe when hand hygiene is to be performed
- Describe hand hygiene methods and demonstrate the steps of all methods
- Describe factors that impact the effectiveness of hand hygiene
Take the course today! Visit http://cpsi.discoverycampus.com to use the e-learning module.
At the JGH every health care worker must submit proof of having completed their e-learning module certificate. Accreditation Canada also recommends that all HCW's re do the hand hygiene e-learning module once per accreditation cycle.