Nuclear medicine is a medical specialty involving the application of radioactive substances in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Most of the work of the department is diagnostic medical imaging. The staff of the JGH Nuclear Medicine Department is comprised of technologists who perform the scans, as well as nuclear medicine physicians, who interpret the images.
Patients need a referral from their doctor in order to be seen in Nuclear Medicine.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How to reach us
514-340-8222, ext. 25374 or 25372
Where to find us
Pavilion G, Room G-19
- Enter from the Côte-Sainte-Catherine entrance (3755 Côte-Sainte-Catherine Road)
- Immediately, turn LEFT
- Take the Pavilion G elevators down to the S1 floor
- Nuclear Medicine will be on your LEFT
Some of the tests we offer
- FDG PET/CT scan
- Bone scan
- Gallium scan
- VQ lung scan
- Renal scan
- Thyroid scan
- Cardiac stress test
- Parathyroid scan
- Gastric and esophageal transit measurement
- Bone-density measurement
- Iodine-131 therapy for thyroid cancer and hyperthyroidism
- Radium-223 therapy for prostate cancer