The Trauma-Focused Therapy Program is a specialized psychotherapy program to help people overcome the impacts of childhood and adult trauma.
Through group and individual therapy, the program aims to enhance resilience and promote recovery from post-traumatic stress disorder and complex post-traumatic stress disorder, in order to allow people to reconnect with themselves and their communities.
- Promote recovery from PTSD and complex PTSD symptoms
- Enhance resilience and post-traumatic growth
- Develop skills needed to manage PTSD symptoms
- Effectively process traumatic memories
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Foster reconnection with self and within the community
The program combines a variety of approaches to tailor treatment to clients’ goals and needs:
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- DBT-Based Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Relational Therapy
- Mentalization-Based Therapy
- Creative Arts Therapy
- Yoga Therapy
- Psychiatrist: Zoë Thomas
- Psychologist: Kate Drury
- Multidisciplinary interns
Patients will require a physician’s referral to begin assessment for the program. Referring physicians can complete the referral form and an ACE questionnaire with the patient. As this program only provides specialized time-limited therapy, referring physicians will need to ensure ongoing follow-up with the patient.
In order to access the program, patients will need to attend an essential orientation session. If they do not attend this orientation, they will be removed from the waiting list, and will need to be re-referred.
Research and Clinical Opportunities
At this time we are only accepting students from graduate programs in psychology and residency programs in psychiatry.
We are accepting applications from students currently enrolled in a graduate program.
Location and Contact
Jewish General Hospital
3755 Côte Sainte-Catherine Road
Pavilion B, 6th floor
Fax (internal): 28290
Fax (external): 514-340-8290
Telephone: 514-340-8222, ext. 25633
|Inclusion criteria||Exclusion criteria|
- TFT Pamphlet
- ACE Questionnaire
- Trauma Focused Therapy Info Sheet Clinicians
- Trauma Focused Therapy Referral Sheet External Partners
This program welcomes participants of all racial and cultural identities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious backgrounds.
An initiative of the Doggone and JGH Foundations