Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8:30-12:30
How to reach us
514 340-8222, ext. 25056
Referrals can be faxed to the DTC at 514-340-8616 using the attached referral document or filled and emailed directly to the clinic dtcbooking.CCOMTL@ssss.gouv.qc.ca
Once the referral is received, and the request triaged, the patient will be called within 24hrs for an appointment.
Where to find us
Pavilion K, Floor S1 Room 101
The Diagnostics and Therapeutic Clinic (DTC) was developed to provide rapid medical investigations in a patient-centric approach with the goal of avoiding unnecessary visits to the Emergency Department and avoid hospital admission.
The DTC is staffed by seven internal medicine specialists who can evaluate ambulatory patients in need of an expedited consultation, investigation, or procedure. (See below for examples of appropriate referrals). The DTC has priority access to imaging, including ultrasounds and CT scans and can arrange radiology guided biopsies if necessary.
The DTC is equipped with a procedure room and point-of-care ultrasound and the clinician can perform thoracentesis, paracentesis and point-of-care echocardiography to help provide rapid diagnoses.
Dr. Rubin Becker
Our team of Nurse Clinicians
Qian Heng Qiu
The following types of consultations are encouraged
Urgent malignancy evaluation / work up
- Asymptomatic critical abnormal lab values (eg: Hyponatremia, Hypercalcemia)
- Poorly controlled / new diabetes requiring rapid assessment/treatment
- Abnormal thyroid function
- New or rapidly progressive renal failure requiring urgent evaluation/diagnosis
- New pleural effusion or effusion requiring drainage Abnormal Chest XRAY requiring rapid assessment
- Severe asymptomatic hypertension
- New atrial fibrillation
- Atypical chest pain syndromes
- Fever of unknown origin
- Cellulitis, pneumonia or other infections requiring rapid evaluation and treatment
- Ascites evaluation and treatment
- Painless jaundice
- Acute hepatitis
- Significant anemia requiring diagnosis/treatment/transfusion
- Severe thrombocytopenia / pancytopenia NYD
- Thoracentesis, Paracentesis