The Jewish General Hospital first started as the Hebrew Maternity Hospital in 1925 providing obstetrics services to the Montreal population. Today, the Jewish General Hospital has one of the largest obstetrics units in the city of Montreal. This Department is also a referral service for gynecology and the following specializations:
- Drs. Tulandi and Marcoux - Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Dr. Ziegler - Advanced Gynecologic Surgery
- Drs. Gotlieb and Lau - Gynecologic Oncology
The department performs over 750 gynecological operations annually. Surgical interventions range from minor procedures, such as the removal of cysts, to more complicated radical operations for gynecological cancers. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology plays an important role in teaching medical students, residents and fellows of McGill University.
Internationally, Dr. Tulandi is the Secretary Treasurer of the Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery of the American Association for Gynecologic Laparoscopists and the Society for Reproductive Surgeons. He is also the President of the International Society for Emerging Technologies in Women’s Health.
Togas Tulandi MD, MHCM
Professor and Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology, JGH
Milton Leong Chair in Reproductive Medicine
For general information, visit Obstetrics and Gynecology.