If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspicion of COVID-19 please click the link above.
Do not present to the infectious diseases walk-in clinic.
Accepted Visits during the Pandemic
The JGH ID walk in clinic is open for in-person evaluations.
We are accepting cases with or without a consultation request.
Please refer to our restrictions and hours of operations below.
*Please take note of the following restrictions:
- Our clinic does not offer COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 testing by molecular or serologic testing.
- We will not see confirmed positive or possibly positive COVID-19 patients until they are 14 days beyond their first day of symptoms.
- Individuals recovered from COVID-19, but who are again symptomatic >3 months later should be retested to rule out the possibility of re-infection
- We will not see cases of respiratory illness, "sore throats," or unexplained fever in person even with a consultation request. COVID-19 will need to be ruled out first. These patients will be given a telemedecine appointment for an inital evaluation and will be asked to leave the hospital or go to the ER for evaluation
- All patients requiring evaluation whom are admitted in any healthcare facility, including the JGH, or who require follow up after discharge must arrange for an office appointment. They will not be seen in the walk in clinic.
- Cases determined to be better served by an appointment with one of our physicians may be asked to return at a later date to be given the appropriate care and time required.
To arrange an office appointment, instead of presenting directly to the walk-in clinic, please send your consultation request signed by a physician to our division. Please note that these coordinates are not for inquiries and exist strictly to receive consultation requests.
Fax: 514-340-7546 (internally 27546)
Registration: 7:30-10:30 MON-FRI
Clinic starts: 7:45-8:00 MON-FRI
Clinic holidays / closures :
- Monday, September 7th, 2020 - Labour Day
- Friday, September 18th, 2020 - Rosh Hashannah
- Monday, September 28th, 2020 - Yom Kippur
- Monday, October 12th, 2020 - Thanksgiving
- Thursday, December 24th, 2020 - Christmas Eve
- Friday, December 25th, 2020 - Christams Day
- Thursday, December 31st, 2020 - New Year's Eve
- Friday, January 1st, 2021 - New Year's Day
Where to find us
Pavilion G, room G-200, Near the Cote-Ste-Catherine entrance.
Telephone: 514-340-8230, listen to the information provided, or dial 0
Presenting a Jewish General Hospital hospital card is obligatory for each visit.
Hospital cards can be obtained in Pavilion E, Room 0014, near the Légaré St. entrance.
The clinic may sometimes refuse new registration without notification if there is a surplus of patients that are already registered for consultation that morning.
The clinic staff are unable to determine waiting times. Each person requires a different amount of attention and care. Please understand that we hope to expedite your visit as quickly as possible.
For all information in regard to an Infectious Disease walk-in clinic visit please refer to the info line at 514-340-8230.
Get online access to your results at Carnet Sante Quebec.
For a written copy of test results, please return to the ID clinic 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM or contact Medical Records at 514-340-8202.
For confidentiality reasons, test results are not given over the telephone.
If you wish to review your results with a physician, please call 514-340-8230 and dial 0.
Your request will be handled by the physician responsible for following up your results.
Please take note that it remains the responsibility of each patient to ensure that their contact information and telephone numbers are up to date and functional.