SORRY. FOR UNFORESEEN REASONS, THE INFECTIOUS
DISEASES WALK IN CLINIC WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL
MONDAY MORNING OCTOBER 16 2023 AT 8H00.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspicion of COVID-19, please visit the quebec.ca website.
*** Do not present to the infectious diseases walk-in clinic. ***
Accepted Visits during the Pandemic
The JGH ID walk in clinic is open for in-person evaluations.
We are accepting cases with or without a consultation request.
Please refer to our restrictions and hours of operations below.
*Please take note of the following restrictions:
- Our clinic does not offer COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 testing by molecular or serologic testing.
- We will not see confirmed positive or possibly positive COVID-19 patients until they are 14 days beyond their first day of symptoms.
- Individuals recovered from COVID-19, but who are again symptomatic >3 months later should be retested to rule out the possibility of re-infection
- We will not see cases of respiratory illness, "sore throats," or unexplained fever in person, even with a consultation request, until COVID-19 is ruled out first by NAAT/PCR.
- All patients requiring evaluation whom are admitted in any healthcare facility, including the JGH, or who require follow up after discharge must arrange for an office appointment. They will not be seen in the walk in clinic.
- Cases determined to be better served by an appointment with one of our physicians may be asked to return at a later date to be given the appropriate care and time required.
Please send signed consultation requests to:
Fax: 514-340-7546 (internally 27546)
Please note that these coordinates are not for inquiries and exist strictly to receive consultation requests
Registration: 8:00-10:30 MON-FRI
Clinic starts: 8:00 MON-FRI
Clinic holidays / closures :
- Labour Day - Monday September 4 2023
- Rosh Hashana - Friday September 15 2023
- Yom Kippur - Monday September 29 2023
- Thanksgiving - Monday October 9 2023
- Christmas Day - Monday December 25 2023
- Boxing Day - Tuesday December 26 2023 (replaces Christmas Eve)
- New Year's Day - Monday January 1 2024
- New Years - Tuesday January 2 2024 (replaces New Year's Eve)
Where to find us
Pavilion G, room G-200, Near the Cote-Ste-Catherine entrance.
Telephone: 514-340-8230, listen to the information provided, or dial 0
Presenting a Jewish General Hospital hospital card is obligatory for each visit.
Hospital cards can be obtained in Pavilion E Room E0014 (Légaré St. entrance) and Pavillion B B114 (Cote Ste Catherine entrance).
The clinic may sometimes refuse new registration without notification if there is a surplus of patients that are already registered for consultation that morning.
The clinic staff are unable to determine waiting times. Each person requires a different amount of attention and care. Please understand that we hope to expedite your visit as quickly as possible.
For all information in regard to an Infectious Disease walk-in clinic visit please refer to the info line at 514-340-8230.
Get online access to your results at Carnet Sante Quebec.
For a written copy of test results, please contact Medical Records at 514-340-8202.
For confidentiality reasons, test results are not given over the telephone.
If you wish to review your results with a physician you may register again at the clinic.
Please take note that it remains the responsibility of each patient to ensure that their contact information and telephone numbers are up to date and functional.
Please note, that as of Monday, December 6th 2021, the clinic policy will change:
Patients without valid RAMQ coverage or federal Medavie BlueCross Refugee coverage will be required to pay for their visit.
Payment can be made in cash. All documents necessary for a patient to claim these charges from their insurer will be filled upon request.