New application for patients, visitors and other users of the Jewish General Hospital
The Jewish General Hospital Users’ Committee has just launched a smartphone application for Apple and Android users, in order to digitize the way the committee carries out its mandate.
This app makes it possible to:
- Orient patients, visitors and other users by providing step-by-step instructions on easily finding their way from point A to point B in various pavilions of the JGH.
- Inform users about the role of the Users’ Committee and its contact information, as well as users’ rights and responsibilities.
- Survey users about their satisfaction with the quality of their experience, and give them an opportunity to suggest improvements.
The app features a three-dimensional interactive map to help users move easily from one pavilion to another to receive the hospital’s services. The Survey section includes two questions that allow users to comment anonymously about their hospital experience.
- CLICK HERE to download the application on an Android phone.
- CLICK HERE to download the application on an Apple phone.
- PRESS RELEASE
To be read in the JGH News...
Confused by the route to your JGH destination? Now there’s an app for that!
Safeguard your belongings
CIUSSS West-Central Montreal is committed to working in partnership with users, residents and caregivers to provide a safe and secure environment for everyone. However, despite our best efforts, personal belongings are sometimes lost, stolen or broken.
When visiting the Jewish General Hospital, we invite you to take precautions to minimize these incidents.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about how to safeguard your belongings.