Phone: 514-340-8222, ext. 22845
Where to find us: Pavilion B-425
Medical Director: Dr. Jean Zigby, MD
Head Nurse 4M: Kathia Dorcélus-Cétoute, inf. M.Sc.N
Nurses' station 4M: poste 25422
Dr. Jean Zigby
Dr. Harvey Chang
Dr. Marcia Gillman
Dr. Elizabeth MacNamara
Dr. Diana Schifirnet
Dr. David Sanmiguel
Dr. Michael Bouhadana
Dr. Tamara Ibrahim
Dr. Maxine Brossard
Dr. Sani James Karam
Dr. Houman Farzin
Dr. Jonathan Hudon
Dr. Talia Abecassis
Dr. Golnar Abbasi
Dr. Samuel Rodriguez-Qizilbash
Dr. Marie-Rose Shoucri
Nurse consultant: Dounia Meziane, MScN
Palliative care strives to meet physical, psychological, social and spiritual expectations and needs of patients and their families while remaining sensitive to personal, cultural and religious values, beliefs and practices. Palliative care may be combined with therapies aimed at reducing or curing the illness, or it may be the total focus of care.
The clinical services of the Palliative Care Division include the following:
- Palliative medicine outpatient clinics organized in medical oncology, radiation oncology clinics and family medicine clinics
- Home care of terminally ill patients in collaboration with CLSC’s and The Victoria Order of Nurses. Specialized phone support to families and community caregivers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Palliative Care physicians also visit a large number of these patients at home.
- Consultation-liaison with all hospital clinical services where patients living with cancer or another life-threatening illness might be hospitalized.
- A 17 bed specialized Palliative Care Unit located on the 4th floor of Pavilion B [4 Main] offering patients and their families the services of a large multidisciplinary team at a time when pain, other symptoms and psychosocial distress are often most prominent and difficult to control.
- Bereavement support in collaboration with Hope & Cope.
| || |