STANLEY K. PLOTNICK, 2003 - 2005
B.Com, 1962 McGill University
- Leading graduate
- Governor General’s Gold Medal
- Sir Edmund Beattie Gold Medal
- S.M. (Master’s Degree), 1964, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
AVS Technologies Inc., President, 1979 – 1995
Diversiplex Corp., President, 1983 - Present
SelectBlindsCanada.ca, President, 2006 - Present
SelectRugsCanada.ca, President, 2007 – Present
Jewish General Hospital
- President, Hospital Corporation
- President, Hospital Centre Board
- Executive, Hospital Foundation
- Recipient of the 2007 Distinguished Service Award
Jewish Community Foundation
- Board Member
- Founding Board of Directors, member
Gala des Etoiles
- Executive (1989-2004)
- Chairman, 10th Anniversary Special Gala
- The Gala is one of the most important ballet events, in the world, with the most internationally acclaimed ballet stars, from the world’s finest companies, performing in Montreal.
- Federation CJA, President (1997 – 1999. Federation CJA is the central address for Jewish philanthropy and communal services of Montreal, serving the elderly, poor, emotionally and physically challenged, as well as funding Jewish education, cultural, social, camping activities and advocacy.
- Jewish Education Council of Greater Montreal, President. The Central Board of Jewish education in Montreal, and co-ordinator of the activities of the 17 Jewish day schools in Montreal.
- Solomon Schechter Academy, President. The leading Jewish day school in Montreal.
- Canadian Commission on Jewish Identity and Continuity, Chairman
- Continental Commission on Jewish Identity and Continuity, Canadian Representative
- Pro Montreal, Co-chair and one of the initiators
- Montreal Jewish Community’s pro-active commitment to the future of youth retention and involvement.
- InMONTREAL, Creator & Founding Editor-in-Chief. 8-time annual 4-colour 12-page publication of information, insights for young adults.
- Reflexions, Founder, Creator, & Founding Editor-in-Chief. Regular publication to the adult Jewish population of Montreal
- Federation CJA Structure Review Committee, Chairman
- Canadian Jewish News (CJN) Montreal Editorial Advisory Board, Chairman. The CJN is the national newspaper on Canadian Jewry.
March of the Living
- Montreal Chairman, 1992
- National Chairman, 1994. An annual worldwide educational program taking youth to Poland, to examine the pre-war history of the Jewish people as well as the devastation of the Second World War and the Holocaust, followed by a visit to Israel to examine the rebirth of the Jewish people. This trip involves 6,000 young people, with approximately 100 from Montreal, and 400 from across Canada.
- UIA Federations Canada, Treasurer