1950

1950

History

JGH History: 1950s

 

1951

  • The JGH School of Nursing opens and remains in operation until 1972. The Women's Auxiliary helps trainees in furnishing the student residence and by contributing to the building fund.

1950

  • A radio-isotope laboratory is established.

1952

  • The Women's Auxiliary becomes a founding member of the Quebec Association of Hospital Auxiliaries.

1953

  • A Medical Director is appointed.
  • The new west wing is constructed.

1955

  • The Volunteer Services Department is opened to recruit volunteers for the hospital. This department is largely based on the pioneering efforts of the Women's Auxiliary in the 1940s.
  • A special research fund is established.

1956

  • The Department of Electroencephalography and the Endocrine Clinic, Renal Lithiasis Unit, Diabetic Day Centre, Psychiatry Day Centre and Geriatric Clinic are established.
  • The Cobalt teletherapy unit goes into use.

1957

  • Seventh and eighth floors are added to the west wing.
  • A diagnostic centre and low-vision eye clinic are established.
  • Cardiac, pulmonary and renal laboratories go into operation.
  • The seventh and eighth floors are added to the west wing.
  • The cardiac, pulmonary and renal laboratories go into operation.
  • The diagnostic centre and low-vision eye clinic are established.


 

Page last updated on 

We always seek feedback to make our site better.