DAVID KIRSCH, 1955 - 1958
David Kirsch, one of the founders of the Jewish General Hospital, began his involvement in social work in a leadership capacity in 1910 when he joined the board of the Montreal Hebrew Orphans and Sheltering Home.
In 1927, he was instrumental in producing a study that led to creation of the JGH. He served as Chairman of the hospital’s Building Committee from 1939 to 1958, a period that overlapped in its final years with his term as President.
Mr. Kirsch was also President of the Federation of Jewish Community Services from 1950 to 1953, and a Life Trustee of Allied Jewish Community Services, the successor to the Federation.