How can we help you?
There is a lot of health information out there but it can be hard to know where to look and what you can trust.
At the PFRC, you can meet with a librarian who will help you find the most up-to-date and reliable health information to answer your question. The librarian will do the search with you, guide you to the best resources to meet your specific needs, and print out the information for you to take home.
Contact the Patient and Family Resource Librarian at 514-340-8222 extension 22391 or by email email@example.com.
Here are examples of health questions that we can help you answer:
● My doctor has suggested that I take antidepressant medication but I would like to read more about them before I decide.
● My doctor just ordered blood tests for me and I would like to know more about what I am being tested for.
● A news article I just read in the Gazette mentioned research published in the New England Journal of Medicine. I would like to read the full study.
● I have been diagnosed with cancer and would like to know more about treatment options, drug information, chemotherapy, clinical trials etc…
● My father only speaks Greek. Can I have some information about diabetes for him in Greek?
● My son broke his ankle and refuses to take pain medication. What are some alternative ways to manage his pain?
|Disclaimer: This information should not be considered as medical advice. It is not to be used in place of a visit with a doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional. If you have questions about your individual medical situation, please consult with your healthcare professional.|