Patients of the Jewish General Hospital (JGH) and their families, as well as JGH staff may borrow books from the Patient and Family Resource Centre (PFRC).
What items may be borrowed?
● Books in the PFRC collection
Books and journals in the regular collection may be read in the library and photocopied (the first 25 pages are free, all additional pages are 10 cents each).
To borrow items, you must register at the main circulation desk of the Health Sciences Library.
How many items may be borrowed?
Each person can borrow one book per subject.
What is the loan period?
● Items may be borrowed for 30 days.
● Borrowed materials may be renewed for an additional two weeks if they have not been requested by another patron.
How are items renewed?
Renewals may be made in person or by calling 514-340-8222 extension 25931 to speak to the circulation librarian.
How are items returned?
● If the library is open, the items can be returned to the circulation desk.
● If the library is closed, the items can be deposited in the blue library book return box, located next to the door of the library.
What happens if items are lost?
The borrower is responsible for the replacement cost of any items lost while on loan to them.