Surgery and You
In order to help you prepare for your up-coming surgery, we invite you to view a video offered by the Humanization of Care Committee of the Jewish General Hospital. The video provides a visual explanation of what you can expect on the day of your procedure. Our hope is that this will alleviate some of your apprehension, answer some of your questions, and contribute to a more relaxed and successful experience for you.
The video is narrated by Dr. David Zukor, Chief of Orthopedic Surgery. It refers to procedures that are specific to this area of specialty, and addresses aspects that are common to all surgeries. Information covered includes:
- Visual tours: pre-admission office, pre-op and recovery room areas, and operating room
- Description of pre-op tests
- Identification of individuals who will interact with you
- Explanation of what happens immediately following your surgery, and once you return home
- Testimonials from surgery patients
The video is approximately 10 minutes in length. You can access it in the following ways:
- At the Orthopedic pre-op teaching session (for elective surgeries), E-003
- Get a copy of the DVD from the Orthopedic nursing station, 8 West
- Get a copy of the DVD from the Pre-Admission Clinic, E-101.7
- In the Patient and Family Resource Centre in the hospital’s library, Pavilion A, second floor
Watch the video below.
Feel free to watch this video with friends or family members. If you have any questions, please direct them to your health-care team.
Please print and complete our evaluation form. Once complete, return to room C-107.