By Appointment Only
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Doctor's referral reqired
- fax the referral to 514-340-8035 or call the appointment centre 514-340-8085.
- Appointment cancellation: 24 hours in advance
Where to find us
- 5750 Côte-des-Neiges Road
- Take the Pavilion A elevators up to the 5th Floor, reception at A-500
General Surgery Clinic
Chief: Dr. Shannon Fraser, 514-340-8085 (appointment centre)
Acute Care & Advanced General Surgery
- Dr. Simon Bergman, 514-340-8085 (appointment centre)
- Dr. Shannon Fraser, (514-340-8085(appointment centre)
- Dr. Gabriela Ghitulescu, 514-340-8222, ext: 23937
- Dr. Issie Weissglas, 514-340-8222, ext: 28278, H-220
- Dr. Evan Wong, 514-340-8085 (appointment centre)
Segal Cander Centre Breast Clinic, E-710, fax number 514-340-8302
- Dr. Mark Basik, (514) 340-8222 ext. 28248
- Dr. Jean-Francois Boileau, (514) 340-8222 ext: 28248
- Dr. Stephanie Wong, (514) 340-8222, ext. 24210
- Dr. Sinziana Dumitra, (514) 340-8222, ext 28248
- Dr. Marylise Boutros, (514) 340-8085 or (514) 340-8222 ext: 28400
- Dr. Julio Faria, (514) 340-8085 or (514) 340-8222 ext: 24948
- Dr. Gabriela Ghitulescu, (514) 340-8085 or (514) 340-8222 ext: 23937
- Dr. Nancy Morin, (514) 340-8085 or (514) 340-8222 ext: 23141
- Dr. Carol-Ann Vasilevsky, (514) 340-8085 or (514) 731-2479 or (514) 340-8222 ext: 24636
Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery
- Dr. Jean- Sebastien Pelletier, (514) 340-8085 (appointment centre)
- Dr. Tsafrir Vanounou, (514) 340-8085 (appointment centre)
- Dr. Roger Fenster, 5885 Cote des Neiges, room 207, (514) 737-8615
- Dr. Issie Shanfield, (514) 733-2363
Surgeons within the Division of General Surgery at the Jewish General Hospital uphold a multi-faceted mission: to provide compassionate, superior patient care; to offer state-of-the-art technology for a broad spectrum of primary through tertiary surgical procedures; to teach and mentor medical students, resident and fellows; and to build research programs to advance the science of medicine.
We provide surgical expertise in the fields of breast cancer, liver and pancreatic tumors, gastrointestinal and colorectal tumors, inflammatory bowel disease, anorectal disorders, swallowing disorders, abdominal wall reconstruction, as well as acute care general surgery. We have also developed a specialized focus in the field of minimally invasive surgery including endoscopy, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery.
The Division of General Surgery is committed to developing surgical skills among students, residents, fellows and faculty. We have 3 integrated clinical teaching units, which include attending staff, fellows, residents and medical students. We strive for an exciting environment that fosters the intellectual development of all learners in our dynamic institution.
The Department of Surgery vigorously supports scientific investigation and continues to build research programs. Our challenge is to produce new scientific insights and beneficial medical innovations. In addition to providing research training to medical students, residents, and post-graduate students, the Division of General Surgery has created multi-disciplinary research teams, including members from internal medicine and nursing. We are currently developing programs in the following fields:
- Breast, hepatobiliary and colorectal cancer
- Surgery in the Elderly
- Patient Safety and Outcomes
- Acute Care Surgery
- Surgical Education
- Operations research