ILL Symbols :
- QMJG (National Library of Canada)
- PQCSRT (Docline)
NOTE: McGill affiliates are welcome to use our Interlibrary loan service, but can also use McGill University ILL.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) FAQ
What is Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan is a service that obtains journal articles and books that are not available at the JGH Libraries for JGH staff.
How do I submit a request?
- Before submitting a request, please check if your desired item is:
- accessible through our subscriptions,
- open access, or
- part of our print or electronic book collection.
- You can submit your interlibrary loan requests electronically in two ways:
- (1) Complete one of the following forms:
- (2) While searching in one of the biomedical databases to which the JGH libraries subscribe, click on the link "Find it at JGH" near your desired item.
- If we do not pay for access to the full text, this link will take you to a partially pre-filled ILL form.
- Please ensure that the form is duly completed in order to accelerate the process.
How long will it take for me to receive my article or book?
- Journal Articles will be sent to your inbox and can take from one to seven working days.
- Books can be available for pickup at the health sciences library between one to three weeks after requested.
- You will be notified of their arrival as per your instructions in the request form.
What happens when I submit an Interlibrary Loan request?
Upon receipt of the request, a JGH library staff member will attempt to obtain a loan or copy of the desired item from another library.
What are my responsibilities for book ILL's?
- To keep the book in good order until you return it.
- To return it on time so as to keep our library in good standing with the lending library.
- To contact the ILL service ( firstname.lastname@example.org) before the due date if you want to renew the book.
- Please Note: Our ability to renew your loan depends on the lending library’s policy.
Please do not hesitate to contact us:
Nicolas Pierre Sauvé
Health Sciences Library,
Tel. (514) 340-8222 ext. 25931
Email : email@example.com