- West-Central Montreal CIUSSS staff
- Residents/students on rotation at the West-Central Montreal CIUSSS
- Lady Davis Institute staff, researchers and students.
- Patients at the Jewish General Hospital can borrow books from the Patient and Family Resource Centre collection
In order to borrow, all users must be registered with the Health Sciences Library (HSL) or the Dr. Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library (ICFP).
To obtain a library card, you must complete the JGH Library Registration Form available on site at the lending desk. Please bring a valid West Central Montreal CIUSSS identification card with you.
Please note that JGH Library cards are NOT valid for borrowing at McGill University Libraries.
Library material can be signed out at the loan desk during staffed hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
Loan periods vary according to the type of material, the collection and your borrower status.
- Books: 28 calendar days
- Reference Books (HSL only): overnight, or over the weekend if borrowed on Friday
- Journals (ICFP Library only): 7 calendar days
- Maximum number of loaned items: 10
- Maximum number of hold requests: 2
- Return items to the issuing library by the due date.
- Late returns will result in fines.
- To avoid fines, please remember to renew your library books.
- HSL books can be dropped off in the library return box outside the library door at any time of the day.
A daily fee of $0.50 will be applied automatically for late returns.
Fines must be paid in person. Cash only.
You will be billed for the replacement cost and processing of items that are not returned 40 days after the due date.
If a damaged item can be repaired, the borrower will be charged the cost of the repair. If the item cannot be repaired, the borrower must pay to replace the item.
All notices related to your library account will be sent automatically to your e-mail address. To change your email address please ask at the circulation desk.
You may receive notices for the following reasons:
- Reminder to renew your loan
- Notice that items are due
- When an item you have placed on hold is ready for you to pick up
- When an item you currently have has been put on hold and should be returned
Please note: if for any reason you do not receive a notice from the library you must still renew your loans or return your items on time.