As of July 1st 2013, access to McGill University purchased resources has been restricted to McGill authorized users with a valid McGill ID. Read more here. JGH hospital users without a McGill ID have access to JGH Libraries purchased resources in print or electronic format. To connect to these resources according to your status, please use the respective Quick Links on the right column of the JGH Libraries home pages.
We explore adding more e-content according to need and available budget. Suggestions for e-Resources? Questions regarding access? Contact your librarian: Teodora Constantinescu x 5243.
About the Dr Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library
The Dr Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library has been providing information services to the Department of Psychiatry and its affiliated programs at the Jewish General Hospital (JGH) since 1969. We are a McGill University partner library and collaborate with the JGH Health Sciences Library for service delivery.
Hours and Access
Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to 12:00 and 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
except Tuesdays: 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM (librarian in Pavilion M)
The library can be used any time during the building opening hours.
Teodora Constantinescu, Librarian
Phone: (514) 340-8222 Local 5243
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library
Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry
4333 Côte Ste.-Catherine
Montréal, Québec, H3T 1E4
Collections and Borrowing
- The Main Collection at ICFP serves clinical staff, interns and researchers and consists of over 2500 print book titles and 20 current print journal titles on general psychiatry, clinical psychology, psychotherapies, research methods and more.
- The Specialized Couple and Family Therapy collection includes books, journals, training tapes and DVDs as well as course readings serving both the JGH Certificate in CFT and the McGill Masters in CFT intern students at JGH.
- A growing Child Psychiatry Collection with over 300 titles of books, DVDs, therapeutic games and handouts supports staff, children in treatment at the JGH Centre for Child Development and Mental Health (Pavilion M) and their parents.
- Search the Catalogue of the Dr Henry Kravitz Psychiatry Library's collection, a sub-catalogue of McGill Libraries, to check availability, borrow and renew material.
- Browse the Child Psychiatry Sub-Collection and use same features of McGill Libraries catalogue to borrow books. Note that DVDs and games are not included in the online catalogue.
The ICFP Main collection is open for consultation on site to all, including the public, during staffed hours but direct borrowing and services are offered to staff and students at the Jewish General Hospital only. If you are a JGH staff or affiliate check the JGH Libraries Borrowing Information. Non-JGH users can request material from our collection through their institution's library via the Interlibrary Loan services.
Other Library Services
- Reference and document delivery
- Inter-Library Loans (Library ILL codes: PQCMRO, QMJGI)
- Literature searches
- Course related or thematic bibliographies
- Individual and group training in access and use of resources
- Workshops specifically for Evidence Based Practice
- Support for Journal Clubs
- Support with Systematic Reviews
- Six upgraded networked computers
- Networked printer
- Study space
- Meeting room
Updated Sep 9 2014