History
2000
1990
1980
1970
1960
1950
1940
1930
1920
1910
JGH Legacy
75th Anniversary
Jewish Montreal Heritage Week
History

JGH History: 1960s

1967
  • The Palomino Conference, attended by members of the Board, the administration and the medical staff, makes a commitment to enhancing academia at the hospital.
  • The northwest wing is completed.
  • The Block Amphitheatre opens.
  • Construction begins on the Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and the Institute of Community and Family Psychiatry.
  • The Women's Auxiliary becomes one of the earliest Montreal organizations to participate in Meals on Wheels.
1968
  • The Coronary Intensive Care Unit and Surgical ICU are established.
  • The Division of Neurosurgery is established.
1969
  • McGill University affiliation is granted to most departments.
  • Two new institutes open: The Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and the Institute for Community and Family Psychiatry.
  • The JGH Foundation is established as the hospital's fundraising arm.